Senior Legal Counsel
- Alexander Bay, Northern Cape, South Africa View on Map
- posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 25 Nov 2021 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 1110
Qualification Matric CertificateBachelor Degree
Years of experience 4
The Role: Essential Functions:
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, clients, advocates)
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Review client contracts and ensure risk is minimized
- Review and or draft Reseller Agreements, Representation Agreements, Software Development Agreements
- Add detailed commercial value to a contractual review
- Keep abreast of legislative changes and continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations
- Review and comment on Government tenders
Skills and Experience: Qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum of a LLB Degree.
- Post admission experience of at least 4 years at a law firm in SA, or as an in-house legal counsel specialising in Corporate and Commercial work with a focus on software agreements.
- BBEEE position only, African male or female.
- Strong commercial legal background dealing with reviewing and drafting of all types of commercial agreements.
- Experience in the IT industry, and in particular with software agreements is a requirement.
Personality and Attributes:
- The candidate should be a people person.
- It is most important that the candidate has personality as the position we hold is not always easy and we need to ensure our businesses are always comfortable engaging with us.
- Team player
- Confident and yet humble
- The candidate must not have hopped from one job to the other.
- Solution orientated
- Out of the box thinker
- Clear analytical thinking and innovation
- Creativity and initiative
- Leadership and social influence
- Emotional Intelligence
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Ability to work independently and/or work as a member of a team
- Upholds ethics and values, acts with integrity
- Strategic and analytical problem solving skills
- Drive for results, focuses on customer needs and satisfaction, sets high standards for quality and quantity and consistently achieves set goals